Feb 3, 2014

D239&40: Banana Bread

The pink, yellow and green strips were sewn together yesterday and the top and bottom strips for orange and purple happened today.  We had a cool change come through today and it's apparently going to be quite cool tomorrow.   Pressing stuff tomorrow night will be much nicer than the pressing last night. O_o`

While tonight's dinner cooked*, though, I prepared a banana bread.  I've never made banana bread before - who has two or three bananas that last that long?!  Well, when you have a heat wave or two... you can arrange it.

Banana Bread

I chose a recipe from Plenty of Lesely. I found it on Pinterest (and pinned it!) and am reblogging it here with the weights so that if you've got your mixing bowl on scales you can just keep hitting zero.  It's dead simple.

Best Banana Bread

  • 1 3/4 cup Flour - 260g
  • 2/3 cup Sugar - 165g
  • 1 cup Mashed bananas (around three)
  • 1/3 cup Margarine - 75g
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking powder - 5g
  • 1/4 Teaspoon bicarb soda - uuuh... 0.625g.  Maybe just go with a good pinch.
The instructions say "Grease your loaf dish or spray with pan. Bake for 1 hour 275 degrees. Let sit for half an hour before cutting."
So that's 275°F/135°C.  I used a fork and started by mashing the bananas (only two for us), and adding the very soft butter, then eggs, sugar and flour/powders.  I think Lesley put it all in the mixmaster with a kneading attachment and just mixed till combined.  I also lined my pan with grease proof paper, which works a treat too.
Even though I'm pretty sure my two bananas would've filled a cup, I wish I'd had three.
*Settle down. It was rice in the cooker and reheated curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment